Everyone from our small age we have seen the windows xp, vista and windows 7. By far we have known that the giant is the Microsoft and Apple is always below when comparing to OS and easy usability. But after the reach of iDevices the iPod, iPhone and iPad, Apple became so smart in bringing a very user-friendly computing devices.
As a iPhone app developer working with mac in my office i got obsessed with it. I own a Dell XPS power packed laptop but always wanted a mac in my life. So saved a lot of money and bought a new Macbook pro.
After seeing that piece of cutting edge sillicon material outside i was amazed. So with a smirk in my face i opened the package saw the beauty sitting like a silent child inside the cage. I got familiarized with it and started showing-off to my friends who think Apple is not their friendly Non-Living-Thing.
1. Ask your friend to take the charger and plug the charger into the socket. With the magnet it pulls the charger socket easily and sets the charger in the place perfectly. There you go strike 1.
2. With the new Lios OS everything is gestures and animations. So now open Photobooth and touch the maximize button. Wo whoo a smart sleek animation which expands the window to fullscreen is so kool to watch out.
3. Now tell your friend that ‘Lets take a photo’. Click the photo icon in Photobooth app. Its starts the counter 3 2 1 and there is a flash in the screen which shows a white screen with full brightness for a split second and you have a clear photo taken. Pretty Impressive huh.
4. So now open as many applications like calendar, mail, iPhoto, Garageband, iMovie, Safari in fullscreen. Now tell your friend that now i am going to switch applications. Slide down your four fingers from left to right or right to left. Within less than a second you can switch to any app with that gesture. Now is the time to watch your friends face!!
5. Open Safari and browse through some 5 and above pages in a single tab. Now you wanna go back to previous page. Instead of clicking on back button slide the page by dragging two fingers on your touchpad a smooth transition shows the previous page. Within a second you can pass through the array of pages you visited with safari storing the pages in cache for sometime so that the page doesn’t reload.
6. Now shutdown you system. It takes almost 8-10 seconds for shut-downing which is 50% faster than windows machines.
7. Switch of all lights in your room. Open your macbook increase the keyboard light. Now your key glows with a white light so that it is easy to type when you are in a dark environment.
8. Open iPhoto App. Zoom in and zoom out pictures using the pinch gesture from your touchpad.
9. If you have a iPod or iPhone or iPad then you can amaze your rookie friends by the use of iCloud. Set iCloud on your device as well as on your macbook and connect both of them to internet. Now Take a foto from your iPhone/iPod/iPad you keep your device down open iphoto in your mac. Now show your friend the photo taken just 10 seconds ago which got clouded and rained your mac.
10. Finally take a screenshot of your mac and post it in Facebook and Twitter as I have done.
and thats the way to show-off with your macbook. Go nuts!!!